Christmas Holiday - Part 1


posted by Ratri Anggardani Prayitno on , , ,

No comments

Last Christmas, I decided to go home, since my best friends would be there too, Anda and Mojo. hehe.. :)
We had planned to go to Yogyakarta in saturday, Chirstmas eve. And I was planning on making some lunch box for our little trip far before I got home. Then there I was, waking early in the morning, making Kimbab. (I've posted the recipe before, here).

my lunch box's looked like. picture by Mojo
So we departed from Anda's home at about 10.30, and we're going to go to Anda's new home first in Sleman before we had our happy-happy time. Anda had an appointment with some people to get her curtains for the new home ready. And after some times choosing what kind of curtains she wanted to have, finally we're going to go through our plan: SHOPPING AT BERINGHARJO MARKET!! \(^0^)/



Mojo got some requests from his friends to buy them some batik -traditional cloth and pattern from Indonesia-. Yes, batik is easily found in Yogyakarta, and the price are cheaper than others, especially in Beringharjo Market. This market is in the end of Malioboro street, the shopping heaven for tourists. We had figured that it would be full of people, since it's a holiday. And we were right. It's a sea of people, everywhere! We had some difficulties to find empty parking lot, then finally we got one pretty far from Beringharjo. We parked our car in front of a batik store named "Grosir Batik". We went there first, to see if there're some nice batik to buy. Mojo found two nice batik, one for his friend and the other is for his brother. I also found some cute batik, but I didn't buy it yet at that time. I was thinking to see another batik at Beringharjo before finally chose which batik I want to buy. Well, you know, girls. :p
It had pretty cheap price there, all item were given discount for 15%. Mojo got his batik shirt for about Rp 40.000 (or USD 5), and little batik T-shirt for about Rp 20.000 (or USD 3), very cheap isn't it? And my crushes were priced Rp 40.000 (USD 5) and Rp 105.000 (USD 11). Then we left that store after Mojo purchased his batik to Beringharjo, walking. When finally we got there, it's unimaginably crowded by people. I started to feel nauseous and hot. But we had finally got here, no choice other than become one with that crowd of people and searching for nice batik. We had to use eyes to see those abundant batik in each store thoroughly. After some wanderings, we found some store that had pretty nice batik. We chose the pattern and started to bargain. Tip: if you shop here, you should have some bargaining talent so you could get cheaper price.
at 0 km
Mojo got all he needed there, but not me. He got Rp 40.000 average for each shirt. Meanwhile, I finally decided to buy the one in the first store in front of our car was parked. We went to the third floor to get some jilbab (head-scarf) for Anda's sister's birthday present. And I found this mukena for Rp 23.000 (USD 2.5) only, I bought one for my little sister and one for me for Rp 30.000 (USD 4). In Bandung, city where I domicile at present, it had USD 1 more expensive. And when we finally got what we wanted, we walked back to the car, and I entered Grosir Batik once more and purchasing the USD 4 dollar shirt. It's looked good on me. So overall, I spent for less then Rp 100.000 (about USD 10) for three things, very worth it right? :D
my shopping things ^^
After Beringharjo, we went to Tugu Train Station to reserve some tickets to Bandung. My mom and sisters wanted to go to Bandung for a short holiday vacation. And as I imagined, the ticketing queue was very long, with the seats available is limited since it's usually been booked a long ago before holiday. I got queue number 781 when the exact queue was still at 680!! We needed to wait for I don't know how long, but it would be pretty long time. While I waited for my turn, Mojo and Anda went to mini market near it, to buy a snack. And they brought this
that soon became 1/4 of its actual size. hehe... Fortunately, the queue wasn't stuck much, so we had a pretty quick queue to go. When it's finally my turn, there were exact 4 seats available for December 28th, and exact 3 seats for December 31st. I just got lucky! ^^

We're so hungry after all wandering around Yogyakarta, then we decided to eat at Rumah Pohon, and we met one friend more there, Dika. Since we're so hungry, we just ordered anything. Mojo ordered Nasi Gila (eng. Crazy Rice - if I'm not mistaken), sambal cumi (eng. squid sambal), fit juice, and ice orange. Anda ordered gepuk, pepes tahu-teri-jamur (eng. tofu-anchovy-mushroom pepes), and jus cantik (eng. beauty juice). Dika ordered tongseng and ice tea. And I ordered brongkos keraton and ice "tape". For the price, all of those food ordered by us were about Rp 120.000 in total (about USD 12). I forgot to take picture all of the food before it's eaten, so this is all I have

Maybe my post here can be one of your references when you want to have a trip to Yogyakarta. :)
There's still Christmas Holiday - Part 2 in Bandung, I'll post it soon.

Adios! ^^

Leave a Reply