Everybody can change, even the worst one


posted by Ratri Anggardani Prayitno on ,

No comments

I have a post on my previous blog -or should I call it my "galau" blog? hehe- with the same title. But the difference is, that post was dedicated to Chuck Bass, a cast on Gossip Girl series. And this one, is dedicated to Barney Stinson, a cast on How I Met Your Mother series. In case you don't know about those characters or series, well, they're all jerks, playboy that didn't believe in the existence of love and relationship. Maybe some pictures will help you picture them clearly.

Ed Westwick a.k.a Chuck Bass
Neil Patrick Harris a.k.a Barney Stinson 

Out of topic question: "Who's hotter?" hahaha...of course ignore the fact that Neil is a gay. Well for me, of course Ed is hotter!! He's young and has this evil-cold face, another "Ian Somerhalder". gyaaaaa.... >.<



Okay, back to topic.
I've just watching 7th season of How I Met Your Mother this episode 10 "Tick Tick Tick". And there's a part when finally Barney confessed all his feeling for Robin after all of denials and escape from their true feelings. It's such a twist how a "Barney" could change into a "Ted". I'm not surprised though, I knew that they will be together in the end, and I love them both to be together! I have to admit, the writer did a good job to tell their relationship in such a way. I did cry couple of times. And this one is the jackpot.
In the early episodes, Robin is the one who seems to still be in love with Barney. In the very first episode of the season, when Barney and Robin accidentally met Nora in their way and Barney was finally trying to get back to Nora, that's the time when Robin realized that her feelings for Barney was still there. She's just standing there at distant, staring at her love's slowly moving away. Robin's still hoping that she and Barney can be together again and starting to sabotage Barney-Nora relationship. Then finally, she realized that it's not right thing to do and help them to get together in the end. Robin started to move on when she met Kevin, her psychiatrist, and they start dating after Kevin stopped being Robin's psychiatrist. Robin and Barney have their own love life, they're happy in their own way. And something happened. They're kissing in a cab and end in a bed. *pffff...life*


Barney and Robin
That's the exact turning point of their life, that they still be in love each other, that they're just faking their hearts for a long time. They felt guilty to Nora and Kevin, but finally they realize who's the one they love. They agreed to tell Nora and Kevin about their "cheating" incident separately, cleanly break up with them, and meet in the bar after. They're having a hard time to tell the truth. Who didn't by the way??
Anyway, Barney did make it! He told Nora that he had slept with another girl. Nora, who believed in him, asked him "Can you tell me no feelings involved?", and unexpectedly Barney said, "No". He said NO!! A Barney said he had feelings involved in his sex?? MIRACLE! *fyi, I started to tears here.
At the end of the night, Barney and Robin met at the bar. Barney got there first, when finally entered Robin. He had this happy-relieved smile seeing her came. And this scene happened, Kevin entered the bar after Robin. Smile disappeared, confuse appeared. Then finally Robin gave him a sad-sorry glance and a light head shake no. Guess what happened to Barney? He stunned there, time seemed to stop, he stared at Robin in teary eyes, and gave her a bitter smile and mouthing "It's okay".
Tuhaaaaaaaaaannnn....demi apa ada adegan beginian??? >.< and I successfully cried, a lot.

For a little review about Chuck, he's such a spoiled arrogant boy who only take love as something that didn't real until he unintentionally slept with his best friend Blair. They fell in love, and guess what, their love even stronger than any other couples in that series. They understand each other, they completed each other. And one of my favorites scene is when Chuck's dad passed away and Chuck lost his way. He's frail, emotional, and overly sad. He had no place to go. But suddenly, Blair who just got home from the funeral, found him in her bedroom, sitting there alone with blank stare. She hugged him, trying to lessen his pain. And Chuck was trying so hard not to cry. But yeah, in the end, he cried silently in Blair's hug, then he just left. My favorite sad scene.. :'(
frail-heart-Chuck
Chuck and Blair
Enough for the preface. In my opinion, every jerk has their own reason for being like that. As a saying, "Behind every jerk, there's always a girl that made them that way". And from what I see is, there's a hurtful heart that lead them become one, either it's because a girl or other reasons. There's an insecure soul inside. That jerk attitude just another defense they put on so they won't be hurt again. That strong and superior attitude is just their masks outside their ordinary-need-love hearts.
My point is, even the worst person ever, in this case is jerk who always play with many girls heart without even care much about their feelings toward him, will eventually find his "heart" and will able to change into the best guy ever loving his only precious princess. That's what I'm believing for sure.
Yeah, I know I'm being naive, but I witnessed one of many cases like that. That's why I can tell you what actually happened behind their jerky scenes. I always hope for that someone to be happy, to finally find the cure for his wounded heart. I know that someday will come. Nothing's impossible though. As my friend said, "A guy has many loves, but he has only one heart."
Hope you find your "heart" someday, especially for jerks out there. Just remember that there's a girl that will love you whoever you are, that can move your heart without you realizing it. Be prepared guys. :)

I'm not saying, it only happen for jerks. It can happen also in girls case who take love lightly. It's a universal thing I guess. But, again, this just my opinion. There's no harm to have such a good positive thoughts of others, right? It's nice to be able to understand people around us more closely, even if you're just trying to.

Adios! ^^

Leave a Reply