Brahmakumaris Test


posted by Ratri Anggardani Prayitno on , ,

No comments

It's a psychological test I've got from "Seminar Vacancy : Get Excited, Guide Your Carrer" by CDC IT Telkom last monday, December 12th, 2011. There were three speakers: Mr. Oscar Marino from ePROTEA FINEXUS Malaysia; Mr. Wirawan Winarto from Microsoft Indonesia which also one of IT Telkom's alumnus; and Ms. Sukmayanti Ranadireksa, M. Psi, a psychologist.

Mr. Oscar presented on how our job won't be depend only in our past education. He himself, was a civil engineer student in college, but now he's responsible in IT department in Finexus. How that can be happen? or how that can be related, civil engineer and IT? None. He's in civil engineer major indeed, but he found his passion in IT. And now, he works in the name of IT, not civil engineer.

Meanwhile, Mr. Wirawan presented how we should be elastic in real work life. Elastic here means that we need to adapt with what we need to do in work. He said that it's okay that you don't have any specialties in many programming language. All you need is curiosity and will to learn, especially in IT world that always change rapidly. He also said this quote I like,

"Never say you can't"
because that means you'll never can. Say you can instead, then learn how so you can. I like this principle.
And the last speaker is Ms. Anti. As psychologist she presented how psychological test affect someone can be chosen as one of the employees. Psychological test is able to picture characteristics of someone, their attitude, and their way to think. Those are the factors that determines whether someone has or doesn't have the ability and attitude needed by company to carry on their job. She said that everybody should know what their own capabilities, passion, strength, and weakness. By knowing ourselves more, wan can determined what way we want to take, what job that suit with us, so that in the future we won't be regretting what way we took. She gave us some fun test, called Brahmakumaris Test (I don't know whether I type it right or wrong). The test will be reveal later in the end.

From that seminar, I get one lesson:
"Just go with your passion"
If you confuse to find your future path, just go with something that resonance with your passion. It will be more enjoyable for you to do any works since it's something you love. Every work will seems to be easier and lighter when you do it with happy heart and sincerely. If you don't know your passion yet, try to find it from now. It's usually something form your hobbies or routines. I don't know my passion yet either. It's between writing, listening to music, or eating. haha... But I guess, I love to write more than others. So it will be my passion, at least for now until I really know my real passion is. It would be great if writing is my real passion. :D

And as I've said earlier, I'm going to reveal the Brahmakumaris test here. So here's the test:

Spoiler! DO NOT TAKE A LOOK AT THE RESULT BEFORE YOU COMPLETE THE TEST.


BRAHMAKUMARIS TEST:
1. Write 3 (three) animals you favorite most in order. The first is the most favorite animals, then come the second favorite, and the third favorite.
2. If you're done, write any characteristics (one or more) about that animals each. Any characteristics you can think of.
3. Find your test result.



RESULT:
The animals will show different aspects.
The first favorite animal, its characteristics, show you what kind of person you wanted to be seen or known by others from you.
The second favorite animal's characteristics show you what kind of person you wanted to be.
The third favorite animal's characteristics show you what kind of person you are.


And this is my result (just for share):
- First favorite animal : Lion. characteristics: leader, brave
- Second favorite animal : Tiger. characteristics: fixed target
- Third favorite animal : Cat. characteristics: spoiled yet graceful

hahahaha....my favorite animals are from the Felice family. That's the three animals came in my mind at that exact time. I just realize that I love panda also. Maybe if I can change my result (after I realize my another favorite), I would like to change it is like this: 1st Lion, 2nd Panda, 3rd Cat. hehehehe....
So how's your result? Maybe you can share it here. Hope it can help you to know yourself more.

Adios! ^^

Leave a Reply