Dopamine Booster: Round 1 - Myeong Ga


posted by Ratri Anggardani Prayitno on ,

5 comments

Yay! Right when I needed! \(^0^)/
Yesterday, Kak Avi, a close friend of mine came by from Jakarta, and she said wanna hang out for some time. And there we go, to Myeong Ga, a Korean restaurant, or I should say a Korean food stall in front of Korean groceries. She said she'd been craving for its jajangmyun (자장면, black bean paste noodle) for a long time. It's not just the two of us, there were others who came along with us: Reli, Rendy, and Ican. We were planning to go there for lunch, but for some reasons we end up having a late lunch there. Poor our empty stomach..
Anyway, we decided what we wanted to eat. I ordered sundubu ramyun (순두부 라면, ramyun with tofu and egg), Ican ordered bulgogi kimbab (불고기 김밥, kimbab with bulgogi or roasted meat filling), while Kak Avi, Reli, and Rendy ordered jajangmyun. And we also ordered a portion of tteokbokki (떡볶이, rice cake with sauce) as a snack. They're all emptied in no time after it's served. haha... Guess our empty stomach didn't want to compromise more. :D
Now, here're the pictures that Reli had taken. -all credits goes to her-

our tteokbokki snack and kimchi

We ordered plain tteokbokki without noodles and eggs. It's Rp 36.000 for the plain tteokbokki, and Rp 38.000 for the noodles one. There're also fish cakes and green onion besides the rice cake itself. I love the fish cake the most. hehe.. and the rice cake, it's not as chewy as I imagined, it's great. :D
While the kimchi is not as sour as the one I ate here for the first time. It has softer sour than before and my tongue can accept this, so I enjoyed eating it together with tteokbokki and sundubu ramyun. :)


(my) sundubu ramyun
My dish, sundubu ramyun, is served in a hot pot.  It's Rp 33.000. Oh, and I asked for a small bowl to eat it so that my tongue wouldn't be burnt due to the hot. Inside, there're egg and tofu, and of course green onion and onion itself. It's not too spicy, don't be fooled by the red color of the soup. The tofu and egg had a soft texture, I like it.
Somehow, I wonder, how's Koreans' level of spicy? Is it more spicy than what we usually have here in Indonesia as traditional sambel, or is it less spicy? Ah, I wish I'll have my chance to visit Korea someday, so that I can confirm it for myself, at least for my own tolerance level of hot and spicy of course. :p

(kak avi, reli, and rendy 's) jajangmyun
And here's the jajangmyun. It's Rp 33.000. I think the portion is a little bit fewer than the one I've had before. For comparation, here's the one I had before:
jajangmyun I had before
See! the same plate, but different portion and price. My first jajangmyun here (the second picture) is Rp 30.000, cheaper than the now jajangmyun with bigger portion! I wonder what happened, is it because some recession or what, I don't know. No wonder I felt like being tormented to eat that whole of portion back then.
Anyway, its jajangmyun still taste nice. With less black bean sauce now, I think I like it more. From my taste, the more I eat the sauce, the more I get "eneg" -I don't know what they call it in English-

ican's bulgogi kimbab
Here's the bulgogi kimbab. It's Rp 30.000. It's kimbab with roasted meat filling. It's served with soy sauce and a bit wasabi. It's cut in a big chunk, so it's kinda hard to eat a whole chunk at one. My mouth is full from one slice of it. And the soy sauce is more salty than I expected. I shouldn't dip it too much :|
But overall, it's delicious. The meat is well cooked so it's not hard to chew.
Actually I'm more interested in their tuna kimbab. Well, maybe next time, I'll order patbingsu too. :D

From my second time here, I can say, the taste of the food is getting more acceptable by Indonesian tongue. or maybe it's just because I had eaten it before? well, whatever, I can eat it anyway. :p
And the prices were getting more expensive, although it's not like the difference is too much or what, but still.
Oh, I forgot to tell you about the drink. A glass of tea will be served for free here. I like its tea although it's not a sweet tea. There's a bit fragrance of coffee there. And the best part is, you can ask for free refill. :D
If you wanted to try some Korean food in Bandung, you can go there. It's right after D'Cost Sukajadi seafood restaurant. Here's the address:

Myeong Ga Korean Restaurant (food stall)
Jalan Sukajadi 201 (in front of Papaya Fresh Gallery)
Bandung


Enjoy your food. Jalmokgosseumnida~ :)


Adios! ^^

5 comments

Leave a Reply