My fate : Pompo


posted by Ratri Anggardani Prayitno on

2 comments

Some people have been wondering, "Who's Pompo? What is this creature? And what makes it very special so I like to use it as my alias, even for my blog?" Well, I'm going to have some explanation about this.
Pompo is an amazing cute doll I have. Imagine an almost-round-blue ball with two broad ears, a trunk, and four small-and-short legs. It's a BALL like! Which make it way mooore cuter. It has these baby-like eyes -you know what I mean : round, big, and have that innocent look- ADORABLE. And also, it had a very thick string with a star-shaped something in the end of it as its tail. But now it doesn't have its tail anymore, because of me... :(  -more on that later-  Too bad I don't have Pompo's picture in my laptop so I can't show you how its looks like. But I found this cute-blue-elephant doll in the internet pretty similar with Pompo. I've edited it here and there so it became more "Pompo". And this is what I'm talking about :

fake-edited-pompo version

That's pretty much like my Pompo, but with shorter trunk and no thick eyebrows. You can picture it now right? :D

Actually, I have some animal dolls at home: elephant, dog, cow, lion, and bear. I only have one doll for each kind, so it's a fair-play based on the amount. I didn't like elephant that much also. So what makes it special? It's not because I got it as a present from someone special. No. It is special because I got it by myself indeed. It's the only doll I have, that came real from my own money that I'd been collecting from part of my daily pocket money.
It was -if I'm not mistaken- around my third year of junior high school. At that time, I could say I didn't have any doll anymore. All my old dolls when I was a kid, either had been broken and became a garbage or being given to my younger sister or cousin. That's why, as a normal girl, I really wanted to have at least one cute doll to accompany me when I slept. When my money had been enough to buy a doll, I and a friend, went to a department store near my school, bought some stationary needed and of course did look for some cute doll. And I found this round-ball-like-COW, just like Pompo but in the form of cow. Pretty much like this
cow-doll
but with more round body, just like Pompo. It's really hard to find a picture similar to my late-crush-cow doll. I'll just let you picture it in your mind for a moment. Got it? Now, I'll continue..

It was like a love at first sight, I just know I want to buy it that really time. I even didn't notice that there's "my-future-pompo" laying beside it. Moreover, when I looked at its price, it's written Rp 26.000,00 (for about $ 3 at current currency. What a cheap price for a doll!). It mean I could buy it with my saving. I was so glad. But unfortunately, I realized I didn't bring my collected money at that time. So I decided to go home and come back tomorrow to buy the cow doll. I was so excited that night. And when finally I went back to that department store, still with my friend, I couldn't find the cow anywhere. I was like I was going to cry but can't. I felt so disappointed, but since I've brought my money with me, I decided to find another doll to buy. Then I found "my-future-pompo", that pretty similar with the cow. So I bought it, finally. Fate takes me here with Pompo. :D
At home, I tried to find a name for my new-elephant doll. I didn't find a name that match him, when suddenly I remembered a diaper commercial that using an animated blue elephant as its brand mark. There's a song along that commercial sounded like -if I'm not mistakenly heard- "Selamat pagi...Pompo di sini." And right at that time I decided to call my blue-elephant as Pompo.

And about the tail incident, there's Pompo laying on my bed that night and I sat beside it, almost sat on it actually. I sat there and wanted to hug Pompo while I'm lost in my thought. So I grabbed Pompo then suddenly I heard this damped "THACK!!" sound. I didn't realize it until I hug Pompo on my lap and found that Pompo didn't have tail! I panicked and search it near my seat and under, and finally found its tail under my butt. I've accidentally separated it's body with it's tail! I quickly looking for a needle and thread to do a unification surgery to Pompo's butt and tail. The surgery went well and the tail successfully stuck again inside Pompo's butt. It was fine, until some days after, the tail detached again. I did the surgery again, stuck it again. But it detached again. Guess it couldn't be helped, Pompo became "tailless" since. But I found it really unique and cute. hehe... I love it anyway, what more can I do? :)

So now, you finally know about me and Pompo, and why I really love him much. I'm sure you also have some things that you really love and cherished right? Maybe you could tell me about it. :)
Adios. ^^

2 comments

Leave a Reply