Review: Hello Ghost


posted by Ratri Anggardani Prayitno on , ,

No comments

Now, I'm going to make a review about my favorite Korean movie. Its title is "Hello Ghost". I actually knew this movie because the main actor is Cha Tae Hyun, whom I adore for his acting skill. :D
I have watched movies of him such as Babo (Miracles of a Giving Fool) that brings me tears and Speed Scandal that brings me laugh. And this one, brings me to tears every time I watch it. Yes, every time. Even I watch it many times. :'(
But you know what, I end up using it. Every time I feel sad or just want to cry, I watched it. It helps me cry. And then I feel much better after crying. hahaha... :D


  • Movie title    : Hello Ghost
  • Release year : 2010
  • Country        : South Korea
  • Language      : Korean
(more descriptions goes to AsianWiki.com)

Sang Man (Cha Tae Hyun) is a lonely guy with no family or friend in this world. He feels no use living, so he tries many different ways of suicidal, but he always fail to die. Until one day, when he attempt another suicidal thing, and of course fail, he starts seeing ghost. At first, he doesn't know that what he sees were ghost, but then he realizes people around him unable to see what he sees. They think that he has some "brain problem" or hallucinations.
He met 4 ghosts: a pervert-old man, a fat-middle-age man, a crying woman, and a boy, that keep following him after they meet. He asks a shaman about it, how to get rid of them. The shaman said that he has to fulfill their unfinished business in the world, so they can go to the other world peacefully. He has no choice but to help them all doing what they really want to do, by lending his body to them.
In his journey to help them fulfill their wishes, he meets a nurse in a hospital, named Jung Yun Soo (Kang Hye Won). Apparently the old man ghost's business is with someone that being treated in that hospital. The old pervert man is always trying to seduce her, using Sang Man's body. That's how Sang Man and Yun Soo know each other. When he's helping the ghosts, there're times that he meets Yun Soo coincidentally. That way, Sang Man starts to grow some feelings for her. His journey to help those ghosts, eventually helps him too to get closer with Yun Soo. Until one day, he's done helping all those ghosts fulfilling their wishes, and he starts to realize one thing..

And I'll end my synopsis there. I don't think I will give the spoiler. :p By that mean, I won't spoil the twist for you who haven't watched it. And for you who have watched it, you will be reminded how it felt, in your own way of feeling. How 'bout that? ;)

This movie is worth to watch, even many times. I give 5 out of 5 stars. And I heard that Hollywood will make a remake of this, directed by Chris Columbus. wow.. I wonder how it's going to be.
The one thing I love about this movie is, it has an unpredictable twist in the end. And Sang Man's feeling of loneliness, feels so real. He's a great actor indeed. :)
"Do you know what time when people die most? New years, thanksgiving, Christmas. Those kind of days. Because they are lonely. Because every body else are happy."


Adios! ^^

Leave a Reply