Abarat!!


posted by Ratri Anggardani Prayitno on ,

No comments

First of all: I finally found it!! Yay!! ^0^
Ok, it's a fantasy book by Clive Barker. And the reason why I was so excited about it is that I'd read this book, which I borrowed from my town's library, when I was in junior high school. That's about 8 years ago!

Then somehow, suddenly I just remembered that old time, but I couldn't recall the title or the story of the book, I remembered nothing but the memories how I really loved this book. I wanted to hunt this book for collection, but how can I found it when I didn't even know the title or the writer. So I spent a lot of times browsing just to find the title. I tried many keywords combination, but null. I was so desperate, I just used the Google Image to browse. Yes, Google Image. I can only remembered that its cover was in blue, but I couldn't even describe it, I just believed that I would remember which book when I found it. So random, but that's the way I found it! I typed the keywords as: "fantasy book cover blue", and there it was on the second page of Google results. How lucky I was! :D

Once I knew the title is Abarat, I did some more browsing based on the title, that's really the one I'd read and was searching all over the internet. And yes, I'm so gonna hunt that book. But the problem now is, "Is it still available in the bookstore, seeing at the last published year is in 2007?" kind of hopeless I guess. I went to a famous bookstore, searching on its book availability system, and there's still some books available. So I asked the employee whether I can buy that book or not. But the employee said that the very small amount of books with no location included, couldn't be found. I was so disappointed. I almost lost hope, when I remembered there could be one place that I might found this book, Palasari. My last hope.
And today, I went there, a bookstore I used to go when I want to buy books. I asked the employee to check on the availability, and based on the system, the books were still available. The employee gave me a paper of location, and she told me to tell the employees in the back shelf to search it for me. I asked one, and he said, what kind of book it was. I just said that it's novel with a blue cover. And then he went looking for that location for some time. I waited for a moment, then I heard someone calling, "Abarat". Thanks God he found it!! Yay!
So I went to the cashier and paid for it. It actually cost Rp 99.000,- (about USD 10), but I got some discount, 20%, so it became Rp 79.000,- Double Yay!! :D
Maybe it's just the beginning, find this book, because apparently it's going to be a pentalogy. I'll still have to collect all of them. Even the second one is as hard to find. But it's just a matter of time I hope. I wish I can collect all of the series. Wish me luck guys. :)

MY first Abarat's book. :D
I will read it when I have a time to spare. You know, I'm still in the middle of my final project, so I might be unable to enjoy reading it freely. So maybe, some other time I suppose. Once I read it, I'm gonna make a review about it, so please anticipate it. :D

Adios! ^^

Leave a Reply