Old games are never too old


posted by Ratri Anggardani Prayitno on , ,

2 comments

I've been playing some old games since few weeks ago. I didn't know when it started, I just browsed some games I played in my childhood time. Kind of hard to recall each game's name, all I did was giving some keywords in the google, hoping it would give what I really mean. And I started playing these:

1. Prehistorik 2

This game is about an ancient man doing some adventure through different ages. He have to find a finish sign for each level, while collecting foods and facing kinds of animals as enemies. He's armed with a club used to whacks the enemies and finds hidden invisible foods and places all over the stage. Each level has its own secret code that can be loaded from the first. There're so many cheats of its secret codes in the web, but somehow, in my console, the codes were different. So I guess, it's different for each game played. I don't know.
I think I was playing better back when I was a kid. Now, I couldn't pass 4th level yet. And because there're so many hidden foods and places, I was trying to find its level maps. And I found them at its official site here. You can also download the game itself there.


2. Paperboy 2
It's about a paperboy that must deliver newspaper to the houses through many obstacles such as: dog, cars, monster coming from gutter, and even ghosts. It's a little bit hard to pass the newspaper right to the mailbox while it's still riding bike. The paperboy also needs to take some newspaper as ammunition for the last stage of the level. You can download it from abandonia.com.
Honestly, I've never finish this game in present. haha... As much as I can remember, I played it well back then. I think it's because I played it together with my friend as one. LOL. What a memory.. :D

3. Pushover
The player of this game is an ant, that must arrange some dominoes so that all of them will be tilted in order to open the exit door. The domino itself has some different types with different function, as listed in picture below.
This game has 100 level in total, and each level has its own code. The game can't be saved, so if you want to continue from your last level, you should remember the code given every time you pass a level. You can download it from abandonia.com.
My last level so far is the 18th level. :p

4. Chip's Challenge
It's about a man who have to find the portal of each level. To open a-next-level portal, you have to collect all chips-like thing. There are times when you needs to go through ice, water, fire, and electric current path. You will die if you go through water and fire without special shoes. You won't die go through ice and electric current path without special shoes, but you won't be able to walk as you want to, you will go with the current and slide without any control.
You can download it from abandonia.com.

5. SkiFree
It's a game about a man who needs to find finish line through skiing. You have to avoid trees, hanging cart, rock, and of course the yeti. That yeti monster will chase you and eat you when you meet him directly.
You can download it from abandonia.com.


The Prehistorik 2, Paperboy 2, and Pushover games are run in DOS paltform, so you have to use DOS emulator to play it on your current high technology computer. You can download DOSBox here. While Chip's Challenge and SkiFree can be played directly from your computer.
You can browse others old games on abandonia.com or bestoldgames.net. I've downloaded some others old games like The Lion King, Lotus, Prince of Persia, Comander Keen, and Aladin. Such a memories to play them again. Wish you a great time playing them too. :D

Adios! ^^

2 comments

  1. Anonymous

Leave a Reply